Skip to content
Projects Completed 2009
- Upgrade of the soap factory with solar panels, batteries, inverter, lights, coconut press, kitchen sink with taps.
- Rural training college graduates built the managers hut at the soap factory site for caretaker and so there will always be someone there to purchase the coconut oil from the families.
- Held women’s meeting to elect 10 women to: design Product Range, set a fair price for buying coconut oil and reassess price of local soap.
- Design product range comprising of, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and soap.
- Started to buy coconut oil from the local families giving them an income.
- Started selling the coconut soap with added tea tree to all villages and surrounding islands.
- Introduced sample range to hotels and resorts in Port Vila with favourable outcome.
- Deliver much needed supplies to the most remote island of Banks and Torres
- Supply a generator to both South East Malakula and Gaua in the Torres Islands in preparation for coconut oil producing mills further initiatives to generate incomes
- Hold many local meetings in the Banks and Torres Island with M.P Dunstan Hilton and local villages to hear their initiatives and ideas to assist with their transport and income problems.