Skip to content
Projects Completed 2003
- Transport and support 16 volunteer health workers and doctors in 4 successive cycles
- Transport 63 eye patients from various villages in Ambrym to Norsup hospital in Malekula for eye surgery. Support for patient, doctors and nurses.
- Installed moorings at Sakau Island, Nopul clinic and repair moorings at Banam Bay.
- Transport building materials, design and build Coral Bay Clinic 2002
- Collaboration with “Save the Children Fund” in training of students in Vila and acquisitions of Aid Post manuals.
- Assessed and made lists of materials at Nopul Clinic, Ambrym Island to prepare for the building of Woman’s Centre 2004, also did repairs on the lights at the clinic. Conditions are very bad, the roof has holes, and there are no windows, no water and only one light. This clinic delivers 6-8 babies per month.
- Transport various patients to Vila with life threatening problems including: a stroke patient, a pregnant mother with a breach baby and an elderly patient male with prostate problems.
- Transport and hand deliver most of a 40ft container full of medicine, medical supplies and school supplies.
- Organise training and support for 11 Ni-Vanuatu medical students who have traveled with the roving doctors for three seasons now, and have been accepted for the nursing college in Vila. They have sat the English exams and have all passed now they are waiting funding for 2004 season.
- Organised Distant Education Medical Training Programme through University of the South Pacific to assist in the diagnosis of patients at the remote Aid Posts.
- Meetings with many woman’s groups and volunteer woman doctors to establish good communication and discuss the long term needs of the woman and their children on the remote islands. Discussed the possibility of building the “Woman’s Birthing and Health Centre” Coral Bay Ambrym Island and Sakau Island 2004.